How does Trakdot work without GPS Tracking Technologies Trakdot employs newly patented micro-electronics and ground-based ce...How does Trakdot work without GPS Tracking Technologies
Trakdot employs newly patented micro-electronics and ground-based cellular telephone technologies to track and report its position on the ground even while inside metal containers, such as cars, hardened suitcases, and parked aircraft.
When in luggage, in an airplane cargo hold, how does Trakdot comply with FAA regulations
Trakdot's artificial intelligence shuts off its transmit-and-receive capability and enters "airplane mode" by employing solid-state accelerometer technologies that sense the sustained acceleration of an airplane during taxi and/or the approximate first third of takeoff roll. Trakdot is in airplane mode or "sleep mode" well before the aircraft is airborne.
- Trakdot is FCC approved
- Trakdot is approved by Conformite Europeenne (CE) for use in European Community
- Trakdot complies with FAA Advisory Circular 91-21.1B
- Trakdot was developed in consultations with the U.S. Radio Technical Commission
- Trakdot is completely international, and works wherever a cellular network exists
Once back on the ground, how does Trakdot turn itself back on and report where it is
The same accelerometer technologies used to put Trakdot in sleep mode before aircraft flight, also sense the sustained deceleration of the aircraft after it touches down.
When Trakdot is "re-awakened" on the ground, it finds and employs the local cellular network to contact the Trakdot owner and report its position. A sample SMS Text Message to the owner would be: Your Trakdot [ ID ] is in Reagan National Airport, Washington, D.C.
- Mobile app notifies you when you are within 160 ft of your luggage
- 3.0"W x 2.2"D x 0.8"H; 3.4 oz.
- Uses 2x AA batteries (included)
- Requires $8.99 activation fee + $12.99 annual service fee
Mobile device not included.$49.95