Our Reversible Tansu Step Chest can be positioned so the "steps" face either left or right.
In the small dwellings of 18th century Japan, the "Kaidan Tansu" was created to provide much needed storage space as well as access to a second story or loft. Our Reversible Tansu Step Chest utilizes the same Zen characteristics of simplicity in form and utility in function to add visual interest as well unique storage to your home. This Japanese Tansu furniture design is designed so you can display it facing left or right, to fit neatly by a staircase wall.
With 3 drawers, 2 hinged door compartments and 2 sliding door compartments, the Reversible Tansu Step Chest offers a variety of ways to organize clutter, hide home electronics, or store household items. Plus, the 5 "steps" provide unique display space on top for collectibles, photos, and sculptures. The Tansu Step Chest is crafted of poplar and poplar veneers with antiqued metal drawer pulls.
Benefits of the Reversible Tansu Step Chest:
- The versatile reversible design allows you to assemble this Japanese tansu furniture to suit your space
- The Reversible Tansu Step Chest arrives partially assembled so there are less pieces to put together
- This unique Tansu Step Chest will create a beautiful focal point while providing lots of storage
- What's Included: Reversible Tansu Step Chest, Hardware, Instructions
- Overall: 47"W x 13-1/2"D x 47"H
- Top Hinged Compartment: 8"W x 12"D x 7-3/4"H
- 2nd Tier Hinged Compartment: 17"W x 12"D x 7-3/4"H
- Sliding Door Compartment: 26"W x 11-1/2"D x 16-1/2"H
- 4th Tier Drawer: 6-3/4"W x 10-1/2"D x 6"H
- Bottom Drawers: 11-1/2"W x 10-1/2"D x 6-3/4"H each
- Bottom Sliding Door: 17"W x 11-1/2"D x 8-1/4"H
- Weight: 120 lbs.
- Materials: Poplar, Wood Composites, Veneer
- Assembly: Required