The Plainsman is the perfect introduction to Large Scale G Size Railroading.
The large Steam style locomotive is over 6" tall, 16" long, and 4" wide! Crossing the plains of the American West was a formidable task in the early days of the nation. Making the journey faster and less dangerous, pioneer wagon trains gave way to the Iron Horse of the 1860's. Our Plainsman set represents one of these early travelers of the West and features a Union Pacific 4-6-0 steam locomotive. This complete ready to run set has everything you need to get started in large scale railroading.
Your Plainsman set includes:
- 4-6-0 Union Pacific steam locomotive with operating headlight
- Smoke and speed synchronized sound
- Tender with coal load, stock car, bobber caboose, engineer and fireman figures
- 5'4" X 4'3" oval of track (14 pieces)
- Power pack with speed control
- Illlustrated "Bach Man" Instruction Manual
One 9-volt battery required (not included). Assembly required. Recommended for boys and girls ages 14 and up. Train set comes with Bachmann lifetime limited warranty.