Serenta Bag Long Strap made from Soda Pop Tops
This innovative bag is made from reclaimed aluminum soda pop tops collected from schools by an artisan group in Mexico. The pop tops are woven together with strong black cotton cord, creating at functional yet stunning bag.
- This style of handbag requires 526 poptops, excluding the strap
- Cotton/rayon shiny black cord connects the pop tops vertically
- Long strap of poptops allows the bag to hang 17 inches from the shoulder
- Black lining with inside zipper pocket
- Zipper closure with fringed cord pull
- The bag is 9 inches long 5 inches tall 2 inches wide
- As a Fair Trade product, all persons involved in its production make a fair wage.
About the Artisan
The founders of BIO Imaginarte take the mantra "Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle" to heart. The focus of BIO when it began in 1992 was educating Mexico in the need to protect and restore the environment. Working with women who live in several villages as an aspect of its education efforts, BIO helped designed bags and other functional products that are made from manufactured materials, reusing aluminum pop tops, rubber from tires and plastic billboards, as well as recycling paper and candy wrappers. The women are paid a fair price for each piece that they make, which promotes the beauty of handmade products while addressing one of the main causes of environmental deterioration in Mexico, poverty.